Workshop 2013 BJ
International workshop on remote sensing and eco-hydrology in arid regions in September 16-20, 2013, Beijing, China
- Materials available Sept 23, 2013
- Third circular Sept 11, 2013
- Second circular available Aug 9, 2013
- First circular available Mar 27, 2013
- Online registration available Mar 28, 2013
International workshop on remote sensing and eco-hydrology in arid regions, within the Asian G-WADI/IHP framework, will be held in September 16-20, 2013 in the Institute of Atmospheric Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China. This workshop is co-sponsored by United Nations Educational, Scientific and Culture Organization (UNESCO), Monsoon Asia Integrated Regional Study (MAIRS), Chinese Academy of Science (CAS), National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC), Cold and Arid Regions Environmental and Engineering Research Institute (CAREERI), and Institute of Atmospheric Physics (IAP), CAS.
This workshop aims to strengthen the global capacity to manage the water resources of arid and semi-arid areas. Its primary goal is to communicate and exchange the successful experiences on the application of remote sensing for water management and the study of eco-hydrology in arid regions.
Specific objectives include:
- improved understanding of the special characteristics of hydrological systems and water management needs in arid areas
- capacity building of individuals and institutions, matching supply with need
- broad dissemination of understanding of water in arid zones to the user community and the public
- sharing data and exchanging experience to support research and sound water management
- raising awareness of advanced technologies for data provision, data assimilation, and system analysis
- promoting integrated basin management and the use of appropriate decision support tools.
- Satellite remote sensing data and programme
- Remote sensing applications to eco-hydrology in arid regions
- Integrated study of ecological and hydrological processes in inland river basins
- Ecological security, water resource sustainable utilization and integrated river basin management in arid regions
Scientific Advisory Committee
Guodong Cheng, Cold and Arid Regions Environmental and Engineering Research Institute, CAS, China
Congbin Fu,Institute of Atmospheric Physics (IAP), CAS
Bojie Fu,Research Center for Eco-Environmental Sciences, CAS, China
Huadong Guo,Institute of Remote Sensing and Digital Earth, CAS, China
Changqing Song, National Natural Science Foundation of China, Deputy Director of Geoscience Directorate, China
Soroosh Sorooshian, University of California, USA
Abdin Salih, IHP/UNESCO; University of Khartoum, Sudan
Mike Edmunds, University of Oxford, UK
Howard Wheater, University of Saskatchewan, Canada
Ramasamy Jayakumar, United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization
Institute of Atmospheric Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China
Move to this page to sign up the workshop.