Dear Asian G-WADI members,
Chinese Academy of Science (CAS) visitor scholarship is available for all our Asian G-WADI member countries. This scholarship is specially to support scholars from developing countries to have a short-term collaborative work with CAS member institutes (including Cold and Arid Regions Environmental and Engineering Research Institute of Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAREERI/CAS), which is the host institute of secretariat of Asian G-WADI).
To apply this scholarship, below steps are advised,
- Contact a professor of CAS (Chinese partner) to express the interest and find out a potential collaborative research subject. (Asian G-WADI members of interest could contact Professor Xin Li (email@example.com) and Professor Zhuotong Nan (firstname.lastname@example.org) of CAREERI/CAS)
- Fill up Application forms, which include a recommendation form in Chinese to be completed by the Chinese professor and an application form in English to be completed and signed by the applicant)
- Prepare necessary materials including passport copy, CV, copy of Ph.D degree diploma attained, and publications in late 5 years.
- The Chinese partner should fill up other necessary paperwork and then submit to the CAS .
- A. Postdoctor fellowship, two years.
- B. Short-term visiting scholar, 3-6 months.
- Type A, same as national postdoctor admission requirements. With Ph.D degree, usually younger than 40 years old
- Type B, with Ph.D degree, over 5 years working experience, outstanding in his/her own field.
- Postdoctor, 150 thousand RMB (Chinese Yuan) per year, plus 15 thousand RMB for an international roundtrip
- Short-term visiting scholar, 22 thousand RMB per month, plus 15 thousand RMB for an international roundtrip
- Start date, March 25, 2013
- Due date, April 12, 2013
The doc file, including the recommendation form in Chinese and the application form in English, is attached for reference.
recomm_appli_forms_chs_en (Word, 28KB)